Sunday 28 June 2009

New Neighbours

The bell rang at 8h45 yesterday (Saturday)morning...Joy! It was a young woman offering me a big box of tissue. Although I repeated 'iranai' many times, she wouldn't let me not take it. Then she excused herself profusedly for waking me up so early and making noise.
I only put two and two together when I looked at the box and realised what was happening in the car park. Now, if you were working for a moving company and about to make a little bit of noise outside someone's apartment, would you make sure you'd wake the entire building up by ringing their bells to offer them a box of tissue? Please say NO!

Later that evening, my new neighbours followed the Japanese custom of new comers and came around with a small gift. I'd try to do the same when I moved in two years ago, but didn't find anyone at home. Anyways, here is what I received...




No comments:

Post a Comment