Sunday 28 June 2009

Learning Japanese


I am trying to learn Japanese but I haven't found a single textbook I enjoy learning with! So I have more or less given up learning in a traditional way and concentrate on listening to my colleagues speaking all day. Recently, I have started watching more Japanese movies...I can't say I understand everything, but I understand enough words to follow the stories.
I watched Kamome Diner tonight (with English subtitles!). It's the story of 3 Japanese women who end up working together in a small Diner in Helsinki. They are convinced Japanese food is the best in the world and that Finnish people will rush in to try onigiri (rice ball). The movie is a bit slow at times, but I enjoyed it all the same. Maybe also because I am hoping to move to Finland next year...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your learning! sometimes listening is the best way:) im gonna have 2 watch that film!! sounds really interesting! and i am very pleased to hear to are hoping to move to Finland next year! would be awesome!!! Cant wait to have you here! :) xx

    ReplyDelete